Thursday, November 6, 2008

world of pain

This is the life.

I have a paper at 10 and I am at the gym now doing some general chest
work.

It's abit weird. I'm walking around the gym carrying a thick stack of
notes and alternating between reading them and the weights but it's
not too bad cuz there's only 3 other ppl at the moment: one guy who's
jus loitering around and one auntie with her personal trainer.

Was at the gym yesterday too, for combat and another class called
sculpt abs. Sculpt abs ytd was a whole new world of pain: in the first
14 minutes of warm up, I sweated more than I did for the preceding hr
of combat. The class is called sculpt abs but you only actually do the
abs in the last 15 mins. The rest of the time is spent moving all your
body parts at once. With weights. On a board.

Recently my gym was bought over by another not so reputable place and
already you can see the beginnings of a class action suit. They are
turning all the floor in all the branches to a hideous purple, their
corporate colour apparently. There's less machines, and more people.
They upped their membership consultants to 800%; I already am a member
and I was approached twice, once when I was leaving the gym. Duhz.

The gym used to be my happy place, this place I can go to and leave
all my free radical thoughts and issues at the door. And I hope it
stays this way.

No comments: