Tuesday, November 25, 2008

my god

So I was approached by some Christian missionary dude. Maybe he thinks I need some God in my Godless life but most likely he must have been really that desperate to approach a Godless One as me. He did have a new approach though: he presented the God of that Holy Trinity — the Father, the Son, and the paraclete as the God the Mother for did the Holy Bible not say that God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, ...' So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them" (Genesis 1:26-27). Is it also not said, in the Old Testament in hebrew, that God is Elohim, or Gods.

All I see in Elohim is a big 'Hello Him'. It's a refreshing new trick these missionary types are doing: gender-typing their messages; probably the females will get the God the Father message although personally I prefer that too. God can be a frickin unicorn, I wouldn't be blerdy interested [only slightly].

I do have an issue with the Church though; the House of God wallows in abject luxury while the People of God get to indulge in the glow of poverty. Good one there.

So I just wanted to move on politely and not hurt anyone's feelings so I nicely told the guy I believed in Science and that blerdy nutmeg have the cheek to say 'do you noe that alot of scientists are now turning to God?'. No I did not know that, and I don't really care.

I know maybe in religion, you believe whatever your pastor/priest/church/monk/PAP MP tells you. Believing whatever a scientist says is not Science just because a supposed person of Science is involved. Believing what anyone tells you after evaluation of what has been said: that is Science. Science is really the religion of experiencing something and then expanding this experience to possibly probably stand for something else. Alot of people hold Science strictly to the empirical senses but I give myself more leeway, as long as it's an experience, emprical or otherworldly, discrete or intangible, then it's an experience and I'm gonna believe in it probably-ly until the next best experience/evidence comes along. In short, the only way I'd believe in God is a cold day in Hell and I'm there without my winter wear or God is screaming at my face and hurling megawattic thunderbolts of doom or LKY and his clan drop dead suddenly. [God, if you're listening, personally I prefer the third one.]

No comments: