Wednesday, November 5, 2008

work ethic

Ok, am typing this on the iPhone so you will forgive the typos and the
general prissiness.

Today's the second day since I was kinda sacked and I am still kinda
pissed. General summary: tendered at the start of last mth, the
director spoke to us a week later and promised a whole slew of changes
to better help our clients, none of them happened in the days to come
and maybe I got kinda exceedingly rambunctious about it, on Thursday I
was informed they would be honoring the letter, making my last day
Friday. Effectively I was blind sided and told it's for the best.
Technically it wasn't a sack: I'm told it's a 'small industry' and my
career is still fledgling. I'd rather they sack me though, at least
I'd get some compensation and my conscience is clear; small industry
or not, a black mark by this org counts for nothing. They had the gall
to ask if I wanted a testimonial. Any number of my clients would be
glad to write a testimonial for me(if they were literate) and I could
not be more honored. Clients are always the most important not because
of awards or recgonition but because you have chosen to be in this
industry, that's the least you can do. And this is not something I can
say about the org.

I am rising above. On Monday I stayed the whole day to finish some
paperwork, which couldn't be finished in such short notice despite
snide comments from the manager like 'have I found a job yet?'(I dun
have any brothers who run any coy so no) and we're all fated to get
together( yeah very tragic karma at work) and so forth. And despite
asking if I would come back to visit, I learnt there are explicit
instructions diseminated to my ex colleagues that I have no right to
be in the office. I am rising above.

No comments: