Saturday, April 4, 2009

fart hard, queef proud

Disclaimer: I've taken to whining here because people just can't seem to get me, or they're more engrossed in their own crummy interests, which is nothing wrong lah, but it would be nice to have had someone who did cared.
-

So for those that don't know: my latest attempt at getting gainfully employed has been botched, thanks to my conniving, scummy, petty ex-management [i use the word loosely; they are, in fact the furtherest you can get from management].

Not sure what was in the letter they wrote, but the bits I garnered include 'not taking my work seriously', 'no sense of hierarchy' and also about my reports, or the lack of them.

I'm quite grateful to the MSW head [now ex-head] for doing all that she could, trying to fight for me and all, even calling up my ex-manager to get more details [and I was told that slimy bitch had the cheek to appear all gracious and big-hearted].

I don't regret whatever I did at Moral. It's not difficult to get a good/satisfactory testimonial. But there is nothing respectable about getting a good testimonial from such an organization. I just feel indignant that HR is stuck up enough to disregard the disrepute of Moral, that haggy ex-boss can disregard all the good things I've done or tried to do, and disregard the fact all the obstacles I faced, one of which was herself. If I do regret anything, it's that I stayed too long, probably in hopes that change could come, and I did not demand to be sacked when they told me to go.

Contrary to the common perception, I do have a sense of hierarchy. Top of my hierarchy are the clients, and unlike NCSS or Moral, does not include the need to showboat, the need for the bottomline at considerable client expense, the need for personal comfort and luxury.

There is a notion of hierarchy delineated by someone's seniority, experience and accomplishments, none of which I had first hand encounter with at Moral. The person who hired me was the director for the Tanjong Pagar Family Service Center and he seemed alot more interested in the bottomline of his centre; quite possibly only hiring me so that he could second me out to Home Help, I was told he charged alot more than what I was being paid and classified it as training fee but I only ever saw him like once on a consultancy basis, and I was the one who requested for it because I needed to whine about the job. My own executive director I've heard and personally experienced for myself, is the archetypal model of NATO, more interested in the colour of his hair, and the number of cronies he surrounds himself with. The Chairman and CEO I've heard from at least 3 sources, one of which is the aforementioned ED, are computer idiots who have their emails printed out to them where they probably make their vermilion comments. The fat one is a doctor. I wondering if he's still practicing [Lalala]. My own manager is hardly social work trained and barely competent enough to make managerial decisions; in fact, all the time I was there, I can't seem to recall any decision she has made. I have heard rather good things about the EIPIC centre's executive director and the ED for the Bukit Panjang FSC, who is kinda estranged from Moral because he refuses to 'play' along to the whole culture of pandering which the EDs seem to gleefully indulge in.

I also vaguely realize, there is the notion of hierarchy as delineated by the person who pays you. Considering that the person who pays me doesn't really get the money by productive means, but rather through donations and handouts, I supposed there is an onus to use the money for which it was donated for, in which case, yar, clients at the top of the hierarchy makes sense? There is also the hierarchy that comes with family members, something I experienced way too much of, which seems to be an in-thing in our fine meritocratic country, and which I rather not ever come across again. As the new MCYS ad [which I still think after watching it like 7 times is contrite though the conception is good] says, family is imperfect. So I say, it's best to keep the imperfections within the family?

Yes, I do know about hierarchies.

And I tire. WIll carry on the rest tomorrow.

No comments: