Saturday, September 29, 2007

to build a home



I hate chin ups.

Mounting the bar must be the singularly most energy-expenditing event, space travel edging it out but just barely.

I see all my friends doing their chin ups. They reached their limit but always without fail try to squeeze out one more, usually by attempting to slither up the air. When I do chin-ups, I dismount after comfortably completing 10 reps. I don't even think of trying for one more.

It also seems that no matter how much effort I put in the gym, I'm only good for 10.

I hate chin ups.

-

I think chin ups are like life.

No matter how much effort you can put into something, the end is always pre-determined. You can never change an outcome. Over and over again. The eternal return of doom and gloom. Happy endings are things that exist only for other people; I've tried, very hard, too hard, , too many times and here I, plunged painfully right back to the beginning.

it's been a good life, almost 24 years of it. It can only go downhill from here.

I think I would like to dismount liao.

No comments: