Friday, September 21, 2007

in the news: silly health survey

The Straits Times recently reported that based on a global online survey, 4 out of 10 Singaporeans suffer from either the flu or sore throat. And only 1 out of 10 is shameless enough to say he's totally healthy. 26,500 people replied, with 500 Singaporeans so that means 200 Singaporeans are sick with flu or sore throat?

Seriously I have no idea what the survey is mentioning because that's all the article mentions. It doesn't even mention what is the time frame for the illness to occur, which I would think is pretty important; your figures are surely gonna vary if you ask what illness a person has within one week, one month or one year time frame.

And online sampling must be the worst sampling method ever.

Obviously the type of people who answer online surveys are the type who are generally good at computers, and nobody ever got good at computers going to the gym.

When I fall sick, I tend to do bo liao things like answering online surveys.

When I fall sick, I tend to do pity seeking things like answering online surveys about my health.

No comments: